So, first real blog update for my entire summer so far at camp. Really, this is the first time I've written anything all summer long. Camp is such an interesting place--it makes me crazy busy, crazy happy, contented, insane, kills my hobbies, fosters new and different hobbies, makes me live in different world, and makes me want to connect to people on the outside. Such a strange set of circumstances. Sometimes my emotions don't really know how to react. But I will take it.
Honestly, I've had to pinch myself a few times this summer. After last school year that was so difficult and I was praying so continually for God to remind of what happiness and contentment felt like. Well, this summer I've been SO happy and SO contented, that I don't even know what to do with myself. I almost feel guilty for being this happy! The job that I have (Girl's Village Director) is so fun and fulfilling, and really suits my heart's desires. And I LOVE everyone that I work with. I feel supported and necessary and loved. Yes. You get the idea. I love camp. I love how God works through me and in me at camp. It feels like a dream that will end in about 2 and a half weeks...
I am kind of afraid of how I will react to the end of camp. I'm afraid of going back to depression. I'm afraid that I won't be happy. I'm afraid of being a student missionary. I want to be at camp forever. I want to live here forever, with all of these people. God. What should I do?
Anyway, I am determined to enjoy my time here to the fullest. Extravaganza is coming up soon and I can't wait for it. I hope it works out as well as I think it will.
I don't really have anything else I want to say, except....I AM GOING TO A COLDPLAY CONCERT ON MONDAY. One of my life dreams will be realized very very soon!! Bucket list check off!
Also, my sister is coming to camp next week, and I can't wait. It will be a good time.
No comments:
Post a Comment