I got a letter in the mail from my little cousin today. This deserves a little bit of background.
Over Christmas break in Virginia, I spent most of my time riding bikes in my grandparents empty pool with Aiden, my 7-year-old cousin.
We would go on riding adventures down the road, and even across the dam (which was technically private property!)
We would go swinging on Alice's "Big swing," and then head back down to Mamaw's house (my Aunt Sue) to eat or watch something.
It was a glorious time, and as my departure drew nigh, he grew more and more despondent. Apparently the night that they said goodbye, he cried all the way home. A few days later I got a text from his mom (my cousin Cristy) saying that Aiden was "Jordan-sick." After all of this, I decided to write him a letter. And now, I have gotten a reply. It has made my day--no, my week!
"Dere Jordan.
I like your glases to!! I am so proud of you for disiding to go as a stoodunt mishunary!!! I cant wate to see you agen! I just got a new bike!! thanx for yor leter Jordan. Love Aiden"
Followed by the drawing of a biker saying, "utoh" because the road he is riding on is turning into loopty-loops.
No comments:
Post a Comment