While I wait for inspiration to come I want to map out my spring break plans. It is amazing the amount of joy that I get simply from imagining relaxation, so I will indulge.
Over break I plan on reading at least 4 books. I don't know how practical this idea is, or even how probable, but I don't care.
One book is for a class (I know, darn it all!) but it is Surprised By Joy by C. S. Lewis, so I am not foreseeing a lot of misery involved with the reading. Because it is for a class, it is my first priority.
Second, I would like to finish Pilgrim at Tinker Creek which I have been slowly appreciating all semester, but have not had the time to finish. It is fictional non-fiction, so there is not really a story line which can sometimes make it difficult to follow or fully appreciate, however, she finds such powerful insights from the simplest of things. I truly appreciate this beautiful book and sincerely hope I can finish it.
Third, I have had the book Out of Africa sitting on my desk since I watched the movie about a month ago. Isak Dinesen is an inspiration, and the movie was powerful (three cheers for Meryl Streep!). I would love to partake in this book over break.
Now, the last two (I know, that makes more than 4 total) I recently ordered off of Amazon for amazingly cheap prices. The first was Never Let Me Go. I have heard of the movie (and know the basics of the plot) and read great reviews about the book so I thought I would try it out. Also, The English Patient which I mentioned I had just watched (in a previous post) inspired me to try the book on for size. Isn't it awful how I am always reading books because of movies? How unliterary of me.
Regardless, I will choose hopefully one of those to finish off my highly literary spring break this year.
I totally forgot to mention my other plans (don't ask me how I will manage all that reading plus other things). I hope to work a bit substitute teaching for our little school. Also, I will baby sit the cutest baby in existence, Brayton Arant. Lastly, I really want to go hiking a bit and maybe even adventure off camping somewhere on my own just for an evening.
Anyways, that is plan. Wish me luck on a beautifully fulfilling spring break!
No comments:
Post a Comment