A fun alliteration that catches the eye and makes one think of a very silly child's book or the like. I have just recently created a new email (for a more professional tone if you know what I mean) but while I am trying to attempting to mature via electronic device I am simultaneously learning more about my own cleverness. I have been reading Out of Africa by Isak Dinesen, and while reading discovered that Lulu, the name of the author's pet antelope (I know, I know. Cool) means Pearl in Swahili. All this time I have been flippantly enjoying and depreciating the silliness of the name Lulu, when all the while is stands for a treasure in a foreign tongue. You truly do learn something new every single day.
Speaking of learning, today truly has been an experience. I really should go. I am already exhausted from the day I had today, and will repeat tomorrow, but I want to document it properly. Today and tomorrow are spend in substitute teaching at our local church school (where I spent 8 impressionable years of my life). The older kids are gone on a music festival with the teacher (and which also includes my sister who would otherwise be very helpful to me) which leaves only six 1-4th graders.
"Ah," you think. "She complains, but that sound so easy."
Don't fool yourself. It is far from easy. I salute all the elementary school teachers of the world. We had a good day at school today, and I was glad to hop in my car at 3:08 and speed the 4 miles over to my house and fall into a recliner and promptly fall asleep for an hour. After I woke up I decided to make/eat dinner and then begin my other project--baking cupcakes. I truly just felt like it. I have been in the mood to bake all this break and have been taking pretty full advantage. I'm ashamed to admit that these cupcakes trumped me and my already exhausted soul. Don't misunderstand; I finished. However, they were the ones who conquered my weary soul. I don't plan on baking again for quite a while. They are homemade redvelvet cupcakes with homemade cream cheese frosting. I am taking a few to school with me tomorrow to share with the kids. Good riddance.
I should go. I am beginning to pour out a bit too much of my soul into cyberspace. I am exhausted and must wake up at 6:30 again tomorrow. You know that I will be sleeping well on Friday night. Night all.
Lulu
No comments:
Post a Comment