Pages

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Snow Day Musings

I have been a bit frustrated with myself and desperately needed an outlet to express it. Thank God for a blog.

This week I wrote a to-do list for myself of things I wanted to accomplish over the whole week. It included things like,
"Go to work for the full amount of time everyday"
which you would be surprised at how difficult it is when I get a headache everyday and want to leave.
Next, I said that I would get up everyday to go swim.
I would have personal Bible devotions everyday.
I would attend two dorm chapels
etc etc.

How many of those do you think I accomplished?

Not one.

Even today, the first snow day I've had in more than 7 years, I made plans to study ahead. What did I do? Study just exactly what was necessary.

I am so disappointed in myself. I never quite follow through with anything. I sometimes get close, or half way. I sometimes forget. I sometimes give up only minutes after I start.

And those rare few times that I actually follow through with something? I pat myself on the back and go do something fun to celebrate.

I think it is time to start living responsibly. Following through with your actions is one of the greatest components of Owning Your Own Soul and living with integrity. When I think about the man I will marry (don't actually know who it is yet just for clarification) I know that he will be a man with full integrity. I simply want to be a woman that he can be proud to call his wife. I don't always see that now.

And so it begins.

No comments:

Post a Comment