Pages

Saturday, February 5, 2011

It Is Well With My Soul

Sometimes you just need to get away.

Thankfully, yesterday, I did just that. After class was over, 3 girlfriends and I jumped onto a train and went to Chicago to refresh our souls at the Art Institute of Chicago. After seeing the usual stunners like,

Claude Monet

Cliff Walk at Pourville

Vincent Van Gogh

The Bedroom

Georgia O'Keefe

The Shelton with Sunspots, N.Y.

Edgar Degas

On the Stage

Edward Hopper

Nighthawks

and Grant Wood

American Gothic

I came across an artist that everyone has heard of before including myself. I was shocked, though, to find that I had never really looked at him before.

John Singer Sargent has become my new favorite artist.

An Artist at His Easel

Mrs. George Swinton (Elizabeth Ebsworth)

Olive Trees, Corfu

The Fountain, Villa Torlonia, Frascati, Italy

Madame Paul Escudier (Louise Lefevre)

No comments:

Post a Comment