As per usual, I am currently attempting to distract myself from the woes of studying. Finals are a week away (actually, this time next week I will be FINISHED) and all I need to do now is get enough gumption to actually study for them. I am well on my way through the Formative Christian Thinkers study sheet that I am making, however, since that exam will be an oral exam (YIKES!) I am the most nervous about it. And, unfortunately, that is all I have done so far. Life just keeps you going, doesn't it? Things settle down bit by bit. I have finished 2 of the 3 presentations due this week, and after Thursday...NO MORE CLASS. Someone may remember that I once wrote a blog about how much I love my classes this year. I still do, and I am very sad to see them go. The only thing is: A) I have been doing them for a semester. It is time to go. B) Camp is calling my name. C) The greatness of this semester, I am afraid will only be surpassed by what is to come next semester (sneak peak, Poetry, English Lit, Women's lit just to name a few). Oh, but no matter how ready I am for this semester to be over, I know I will miss little Berrien Springs and all the lovely people in it.
In honor of my recent poetic obsession, I will post a Keats poem to remind everyone that there is something a bit bigger out there than ourselves. Poetry will see us through the darkest time.
Bright Star
Bright star, would I were steadfast as thou art--
Not in lone splendour hung aloft the night
and watching, with eternal lids apart,
Like nature's patient, sleepless Eremite,
The moving waters at their priestlike task
Of pure ablution round earth's human shores,
Or gazing on the new soft fallen mask
Of snow upon the mountains and the moors--
No--yet still steadfast, still unchangeable,
Pillow'd upon my fair love's ripening breast,
To feel for ever its soft fall and swell,
Awake for ever in a sweet unrest,
Still, still to hear her tender-taken breath,
And so live ever--or else swoon to death.
No comments:
Post a Comment