Pages

Saturday, January 22, 2011

OMOS

I have a dear friend who asks questions when she is attempting to get to know someone. She has a few routines like,
"What is your favorite Disney movie?"
after which she always whispers,
"You have no idea how much I can learn about you from this question."

But another one of her favorite is,
"If you were to get a tattoo, what would it be and where?"

Unfortunately, when I was getting to know her more than a year and a half ago, I had no good answer for that question. Being an undeniably fickle individual anyhow, I always found her questions disheartening. But this one puzzled me most of all. I mean, a tattoo is such a commitment. You are going to have to live with it forever and ever.

Well, it seems that I have finally come to a decision on the tattoo question.

Either, an anarchy symbol that I will put on the bottom of big toe so that I can smash it into the ground every time I take a step

OR

(and the slightly more serious choice)

I would put the letters OMOS on the inside of my left wrist where it can be covered by my watch.

The reason that I have finally decided this is because over the past few weeks I have discovered that I need a reminder on my philosophy. Own My Own Soul.

Don't worry. I won't actually do it. I think tattoos are tacky.



1 comment: