Pages

Thursday, September 30, 2010


Most recent poetic work

inspiratin: Ovid's Roman Epic Poetry


Daze


One of those.

days just melt into nights that

leap, fly, fight, back into

days. Are filled with minutes

ticking to some goal that

is just like everything else on my to-do list.

Never checked off.

One of those

Takes my soaring soul and dunks it down,

flying lower than Apollo’s chariot with

Phaёthon’s tender hands at the reins.

One moment my sky was alight,

and the next the gold dust beneath

my tender feet was flaming.

They say that the sun didn’t rise the next

day.

Could I be father and son?

Burning, and mourning my own loss?

One of those

that keeps me wondering, is it just my

hormones talking, or my sleepless night walking?

What sleepless night? Never!

Each night I wrestle with the reigns in my

tender hands.

Until the morning when I see the fire in the sky, and not on earth. Thank God for these

days.

No comments:

Post a Comment