Pages

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

19 Things

Following the example of some of my dear friends, I have compiled a list of 19 things that I have learned over the past year. So, here you go!

1. My passion for literature can be useful!

2. I am a lot less independent than I thought I was

3. Being a parent is terrifying

4. John Steinbeck is brilliant

5. Teaching truly is my passion

6. Decision leads to freedom! Who would have guessed?

7. Quoting myself, "When you are skinny dipping you are in the most natural state that your body can possible be, and yet you feel almost supernatural."

8. Learning to love myself not based off of anyone else's standard is one of the hardest and most rewarding things

9. Exercising regularly does change your life and all the work is worth it

10. Balance is never fully attainable. Look at Odysseus in The Odyssey.

11. Speaking of The Odyssey, I have learned so much about literature, life, and myself in ancient epic poetry. Powerful form of literature

12. The days that you wake up and say, 'It's going to be a good day,' usually are

13. Being emotional sometimes is okay

14. Growing up is hard

15. Knowing who your real friends are is so satisfying

16. The glass can always be half-full. Even when people insist that it is half-empty

17. I need to live what I teach or preach. I can't just talk about my philosophies on life, I need to actually live them.

18. Writing literature is so calculated and aware. I can be aware of life, but being aware in literature is the greatest feat of all

19. Settling for mediocrity is unfulfilling

No comments:

Post a Comment